Leave out the feta for a fully vegan pizza
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Ready In: 1 hour 10 mins
1 ¼ cups of buckwheat groats, soaked overnight
1 bulb of garlic
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 eggplant, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 red tomato, sliced
1/3 cup water
- Preheat your own to 400F. Chop off the top of the garlic bulb to expose the insides, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and wrap in tin foil.
- Mix olive oil and chilli powder to taste. Put your pepper, tomato and eggplant slices onto a large baking sheet and brush with your home made chilli oil.
- Remove the tomatoes and roast the rest of the vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes or until soft. Roast your garlic bulb at the same time.
- Whilst waiting for your vegetables, you can make your pizza crust. Rinse the buckwheat groats thoroughly (they’ll be really slimy) and combine with water, a tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder along with any other spices you’re using and blend until smooth.
- Remove the vegetables and garlic bulb from the oven and turn up to 450F. Place two 8 or 9 inch cake pans into the oven for 5 minutes to heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil (or cover each pan with spray oil) and put back in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour your batter into the pans, bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for ten more minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 400F.
- Place crusts on a parchment covered baking sheet. Smear most of the roast garlic over the crust. Assemble the bell pepper, tomatoes and red pepper slices and return to the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, leave to cool for a few minutes, slice, and enjoy!